Thursday 29 September 2011

Model Your Own Head - Setting up for 3ds Max

Following the online tutorials part 1 & 2 at http://cg-india.com/tutorials/3dsmax_tutorials_organic_modeling.html I have prepared the photos taken previously of the front and side view of my face in Photoshop, so that I can make the images suitable for use as referencing. I removed any lens distortion and adjusted the photos so that my features line up.


I then defined the topology lines on the image, making sure to use four sided shapes this was to aid the modelling procedure in 3ds Max. Using a blue brush size 5 in Photoshop I drew the main contours of the face.


Using a smaller diameter brush I created a web of four sided shapes to make up the topology of the face.


Doing these steps in photoshop would aid the modelling procedure in 3ds Max, Giving me a clearer structure of the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment